You might have seen some posts regarding the importance of branding and creating the right brand profile for your business, But do you know why?
According to McKinsey research, strong brands have been shown to outperform their less recognizable competitors by as much as 73%.
Can you think of a soft drink that is red and white? Does the phrase “Life’s Good” bring a particular company to mind? What about a convincing word association from an advertising campaign… South African’s everywhere would be able to tell you what it is that “is not inside, but on top”!
So how does one Build a Brand?
Well, first, you need to decide on what your brand is. Here are some questions to consider:
- What are the core values of your company? What and how do you want to portray these to the world?
- What is the tone of your brand? This can be industry-specific or based on what’s appropriate to the line of work you are in. Will it be conversational? Humorous? Serious?
- Who is the audience you are wanting to reach? This will affect the visuals and tone of your brand.
- Do you want to build your brand around you? This is a great option for someone who is the face of their business, such as a speaker or consultant, coach or therapist.
- Do you want to distance yourself from your brand? Or working Business to Business so are needing a more professional approach?
- What design elements would you like to incorporate and why? These include such things as shape, colour, illustrations, and graphics.
When you have a better idea of what the personality of your brand is, it is easier to articulate this to a designer.
Once you have a clear vision of what your brand’s identity and personality is, it makes it easier to build and reinforce with your audience.
You will find it simpler to stay on brand and communicate the value you have to offer your customers!
If you need help with building your brand – get in touch with me – I can help!
You can also follow me on social media to learn more tips and marketing strategies that can build your brand. Till next time! – Roxanne